Subject: Re: Demime
From: SRE <eckert @ climber . org>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 11:10:54 -0800
To: Patti Scanlan <patti @ sudsol . com>
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

At 08:14 AM 3/11/01, Patti Scanlan wrote:
>I run on a virtual server, and have access to all directories, etc....
>I just need instructions so I don't blow up the whole thing! :)

Put it on disk, make sure the server process has access, alter the server
and/or list posting alias(es) by inserting another tool in the pipe:

"|/usr/local/bin/perl -wT /usr/local/demime.pl - |/usr/local/majordomo/bin/mj_enqueue ..."

Various servers will have different aliases, the point is to put demime in the
pipe before the mail gets to Majordomo or whatever address is processing
commands or posts. A newer version of demime than I'm using can actually run
the server script as a subprocess for better error reporting, so the syntax
might be slightly different if you want to be more clever.

Test first with a dummy alias that just sends mail to YOU, to see if
it's getting through and if it looks OK. Add MIME, attach a virus, and stir.
Enjoy!!