Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(May 2001)

From: "Jessica Callender" <JessicaCallender @ worldnet . att . net>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 20:20:58 -0400
To: <List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM>, "JC Dill" <inet-list @ vo . cnchost . com>

 Hello there--

A couple of questions.
Is there such a thing as isp-lists.com ?

Are there professional e-marketers to reach:
1. muncipal and state government people, i.e. MIS administrators and grant
development officers
2. college and university administrators

Thanks for telling me about the marketer listed below.

Do you think they are professional-reputable?

Do you think that using their resources will get a positive response or
would be alienating?  Any experience with??

Jessica

> However, there are some solutions!
>
> There are many ad-supported opt-in discussion lists, and some of those
> services might be able to put your ad (as a header or footer on list
> discussion email) on targeted opt-in discussion lists that have
subscribers
> that include some of the people you are trying to reach.
>
> For instance, if you are trying to reach Internet professionals, you can
> have your ad appear on the ad-supported lists hosted at isp-lists.com (and
> a banner ad on the web archive pages of those lists), see the details at:
>
> http://www.internet.com/mediakit/
>
> Many of the egroups/yahoo groups lists are ad-supported.  If there's an
> ad-supported opt-in discussion list there that would have some your target
> group as subscribers, you might be able to place ads JUST on those lists
> (targeted advertising) by contacting Yahoo:
>
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/advertising/
>
> etc.
>
> HTH
>
> jc

RE:  >Hi All--
>  >All this discussion about the 'largest' mailing lists and being ethical
and
>  >all --
>  >I need to find  rental or free mailing lists for e-marketing
>  >
>  >Where can I find these services.
>  >
>  >I need to reach professional development officers in colleges and
>  >universities and nonprofits, school technology coordinators, municipal
MIS