Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(May 2001)

From: arielle @ taronga . com (Stephanie da Silva)
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 15:21:17 -0500 (CDT)
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

> And virus companies don't notify the masses.  So many people get
> them FROM virus companies and pass them on to their friends.

And some people just blindly send warnings to everyone in their
address book.  So people like me who are immune to viruses (because
I'm on a Unix workstation) get annoying virus warnings (that I
already know about) from people I don't even know.

On the virus front, yesterday I got 27 copies of the hybris worm
(that's a lot lower than it's been).

Re: mailing lists: one of the recipients of the rec.food.recipes
mailing list started sending BadTrans to anyone who had posted,
which got complaints to the (newsgroup) moderators that they were
posting articles infected with viruses.  *sigh*

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Spam Filters vs. Mailing Lists