Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(August 2001)

Subject: Re: wanted: web-based plain-text email checker
From: "Roger B.A. Klorese" <rogerk @ QueerNet . ORG>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 13:52:21 -0700 (PDT)
To: Charlie Summers <charlie @ lofcom . com>
Cc: Tom Neff <tneff @ panix . com>, <List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM>

On Mon, 13 Aug 2001, Charlie Summers wrote:
>    With bunches of inbound mail, there are bunches of perl processes, QED.
> Which, I maintain, are inefficient and at this time unnecessary. If a poster
> is not interested in posting plain text, my list doesn't run the post.
> Simple, really.

It must be nice to have a list or topic where you can do this.  This would
mean disenfranchising about 15,000 subscribers from my site.  Posting
plain text from AOL 6 is so damn near impossible for the typical user that
they would simply go elsewhere.  Not an option for us.

--
ROGER B.A. KLORESE                                          rogerk@QueerNet.ORG
PO Box 14309		                                San Francisco, CA 94114