Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(December 2001)

Subject: Re: List-ID: (was: subscriber address in To: field)
From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2001 23:28:18 -0800
To: Vince Sabio <vince @ vjs . org>, <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>

On 11/30/01 4:53 PM, "Vince Sabio" <> wrote:

> ** Sometime around 15:53 -0800 11/30/01, Chuq Von Rospach sent everyone:
>> On 11/30/01 2:41 PM, "Vince Sabio" <> wrote:

>> Double-however, how much time and energy should we (as list owners, admins,
>> list server authors, etc) put into supporting non-conforming,

> I look at it as a trade space, with "user popularity" traded off
> against "difficulty of supporting" [the MUA].

There's a second question, actually, that now comes to mind. Should this
stuff be treated as core functionality (i.e., you have to find a way to
support everyone with it) or optional stuff (as, say, MIME digests are),
where if you want it, move to a mail client that supports it...

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: List-ID