Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(December 2001)

Subject: Problems at bellsouth?
From: "Bernie Cosell" <bernie @ fantasyfarm . com>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 15:36:23 -0500
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Are any of you seeing server-misconfig problems at Bellsouth, or is it
just some kind of wierd DNS problem at my end?

... while talking to mx03.mail.bellsouth.net.:
>>> RCPT To:<postmaster@bellsouth.net>
<<< 550 .net 022: Your current IP address is not allowed to relay to
bellsouth.net Solution: Connect using BellSouth Internet Service.

whereas on my system, all of the mx##.mail.bellsouth.net servers are
listed as the MX handlers for bellsouth.net  And as you see, I can't even
email 'postmaster' from here...  It has been going on this way all day
for me, and it is hard for me to believe that a fairly major ISP could
have their email just plain broken for that long, so I'm assuming it is
something at my end, but I'm not sure what...

  /Bernie\

mailto:bernie@fantasyfarm.com     Pearisburg, VA

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: forwarding and domain hosting