Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(December 2001)

Subject: Re: bogus list ID and forwarding shutdowns.
From: Adam Bailey <adamb @ lull . org>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 21:33:46 -0600
To: "list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM" <List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM>
Cc: "Burt Juda" <burt @ juda . com>

On 12/3/01 1:39 PM, Burt Juda <burt@juda.com> wrote...

>Owning your own domain seems to be the only *permanent* solution.

Technically domains aren't owned, they are leased. A registrar could
terminate your lease at any time, and you're screwed.

lull.org is mine, and I cringe every time someone talks about giving ORG
namespace to non-profit organizations. Probably won't ever happen, but
there are people who are seriously in favor of it.

I just obtained an *.il.us domain, and I'm afraid to use it as .us just
got handed over to the company that handles .biz for their mutilation.
It's unclear to me if they plan to leave the existing domains alone.

(I don't know if this message will even make it to the list. My message
of 11/30 did not.)

--
Adam Bailey    | Chicago, Illinois
adamb@lull.org | Finger/Web for PGP

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: forwarding and domain hosting