Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(December 2001)

Subject: Digests created but not sent out
From: Willis Howard <wehoward @ alphane . com>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 21:39:57 -0500
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Hi,

I just joined this group. I'm not sure if it is the right place to be, but
I'm sure I'll find out right away! I joined this group just after joining
the majordomo-users group. This list seems more appropriate, so here is my
problem.

I'm a fairly new user to majordomo. I had a previous web host who setup the
details of majordomo, and I just had to administer my list. But, I am
changing hosts and now must setup everything myself. I have a list with a
digest and an archive for the digest. Everything seems to work except that
the digests do not get mailed out. They are created and archived, index and
get work, subscribe and unsubscribe work, I see posts saved then archived
when maxlength is reached then deleted, but digests are not sent out. If I
email directly to the digest-outgoing alias, that email goes through to
digest subscribers. I can manually mkdigest to create a digest that is not
mailed out.

Does anybody have any ideas about what could be going on?

Thanks,

Willis Howard

P.S. This is what my aliases look like, but shown for a test list.

majordomo: "|/usr/lib/majordomo/wrapper majordomo"
test: "|/usr/lib/majordomo/wrapper resend -R -l test -h test.net
test-outgoing"
test-outgoing: :include:/var/lib/majordomo/lists/test, test-digestify
test-digestify: "|/usr/lib/majordomo/wrapper digest -r -C -l test-digest
test-digest-outgoing"
test-list: :include:/var/lib/majordomo/lists/test
owner-test: wehoward@alphane.com
test-owner: wehoward@alphane.com
test-approval: wehoward@alphane.com
test-request: "|/usr/lib/majordomo/wrapper majordomo -l test"
test-digest: test
test-digest-outgoing: :include:/var/lib/majordomo/lists/test-digest
test-digest-list: :include:/var/lib/majordomo/lists/test-digest
owner-test-digest: wehoward@alphane.com
test-digest-owner: wehoward@alphane.com
test-digest-approval: wehoward@alphane.com
test-digest-request: "|/usr/lib/majordomo/wrapper majordomo -l test-digest"
test-archive: /var/lib/majordomo/lists/test-digest.archive

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: 2 Questions...