Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(May 2002)

From: "Amy Stinson" <e-list @ amys-answers . com>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 10:06:35 -0500
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Obviously not venting in the wrong place.  My experience has not been in large ISP's,
but those small ones who get "creative" in their filters.  I had one who decided to filter
on spaces in subjects.  After all, spammers are notorious for sending spam with
spaces in subjects, whereas no legitimate mail ever comes that way.  At least that
was the thinking of this ISP.  I have several subscribers from this ISP who were
getting their mail silently dropped because LISTSERV sometimes has leading
spaces in their subjects.  OF COURSE it had to be something that was occuring at
my end, so after spending half a day telling them that nothing had changed on my
end in 2 years, I finally got them to consider the notion they had done something at
their end.  They didn't want to change their filters.  I can't change the way LISTSERV
behaves.  I won.

Amy Stinson
LISTHOST.COM (member supported communities)