Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(June 2002)

Subject: re-appearing old mail?
From: Byron Lunz <bklunz @ databack . com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 08:17:18 -0700
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Is anyone else seeing the re-appearance of old messages on discussion lists
(or just old messages re-appearing in their inbox)?

I've had a couple of listowners question why old messages, seen 4 or 5 days
ago, suddenly reappeared on their lists. Upon investigation, the only
common element I noticed was that each such message had numerous Received:
headers, one of which was from rr.com. Examples from three different messages:

It looks to me like one or more rr.com mail servers are regurgitating old
messages, which then are treated as new posts upon arrival at our
mailserver. Is anyone else seeing this problem or know for sure the source
of these mails?

--
Byron Lunz
DataBack Systems LLC