Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(June 2002)

Subject: Re: Subject prefix for list-managers@greatcircle.com?
From: "Bernie Cosell" <bernie @ fantasyfarm . com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 11:17:56 -0400
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

On 17 Jun 2002, at 10:18, Charlie Summers wrote:

> At 3:46 AM -0400 6/17/02, J C Lawrence is rumored to have typed:
>
> >   On lists that support RFC 2369, filter by the List-Id header.
>
>    Unfurtunately, that ain't a lot of help on _this_ list.

Right, but between List-Id and Sender, that gets just about every list
*i've* seen in a fairly long time.  Any of you run into lists whose MLM
uses _neither_ sender nor list-id??

But of course, *neither* of those is of any use for folks who inflict OE
on themselves -- a meta question:  Is there *any*other* mail client that
_cannot_ filter on those headers?  OE is the only one I know of, but
there are undoubtedly more, I suppose...

  /Bernie\

mailto:bernie@fantasyfarm.com     Pearisburg, VA