Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(June 2002)

Subject: Re: Spamtrap e-mail addresses in spam headers? [was: Omar's Relevance]
From: J C Lawrence <claw @ kanga . nu>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 09:31:01 -0700
To: "Alan B. Clegg" <alan @ clegg . com>
Cc: List Managers <List-Managers @ greatcircle . com>

On Sat, 29 Jun 2002 12:22:40 -0400
Alan B Clegg <alan@clegg.com> wrote:

> Anyway, after talking with the SPEWS folks, the only thing I can
> figure out is that a piece of spam had an envelope From_ of a spamtrap
> and they tagged me.  The mail that had been "harvested" in the
> spamtrap was one of my TMDA explanation mail.  The SPEWS guys would
> not tell me what the address of the spamtrap was so I was not able to
> see which piece of mail had triggered it.

More than likely it was a bit of KLEZ.

--
J C Lawrence
claw@kanga.nu               He lived as a devil, eh?

From: "Alan B. Clegg" <alan@clegg.com>
Next: Re: Spamtrap e-mail addresses in spam headers? [was: Omar's Relevance]
From: J C Lawrence <claw@kanga.nu>
Indexed By Thread Previous: Spamtrap e-mail addresses in spam headers? [was: Omar's Relevance]
Next: Re: Spamtrap e-mail addresses in spam headers? [was: Omar's Relevance]
From: J C Lawrence <claw@kanga.nu>