Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(June 2002)

Subject: connecting to [WAS: Re: ...I bet this is relevant!]
From: Omar Thameen <omar @ clifford . inch . com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 16:02:50 -0400
To: Nick Simicich <njs @ scifi . squawk . com>
Cc: List-Managers @ greatcircle . com

On Sat, Jun 29, 2002 at 03:51:22AM -0400, Nick Simicich wrote:
> Topica is in the process of being added to a number of blocklists, and I am
> unsure if this is the issue at Verizon. (At least, this is the way I
> interpret the discussion on SPAM-L).  If there was a bounce available,

Is that SPAM-L@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM , or something else?  I've been
looking for another mailing list pertinent to list hosting providers,
particularly those hosting large lists.  Any recommendations?

> seeing it might help.  Feel free to e-mail it to me privately.

There's no bounce, it's just a "connection refused" from (their MXer).

> However, there may well be some escalation blacklisting regarding
> topica.  They have had some large number of lists with spamtrap addresses
> signed up onto their service and they have not vetted them well.  They also
> have some subsidiary who is more, shall we say, oriented to delivering less
> solicited mail, and that subsidiary delivers from the same servers.

Hmmmm.  Is their subsidiary that (or something like
that)?  I'm just curious.

> So, if I was looking for uninterrupted service and my mailing list was
> actually opt-in, I would go
> elsewhere for mailing list service.

The issue I emailed about is not a list I have at Topica.  It's with
some of our servers.

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Spamtrap e-mail addresses in spam headers?