Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(November 2002)

Subject: Re: ISPs Wrongly Block 1 in 8 Messages for Spam
From: Sean Brunnock <brunnock @ server . com>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 06:53:03 -0500
To: "list-managers" <list-managers @ greatcircle . com>

At 05:13 AM 11/1/02, J C Lawrence wrote:

>On Thu, 31 Oct 2002 06:57:14 -0500
>Sean Brunnock <brunnock@server.com> wrote:
>> People love and praise SpamAssassin, but I think it just arbitrarily
>> blocks all bulk mail.
>
>No, it blocks on the basis of cumulative score, with scores assigned by
>matching recipes.  Of course that means that its only as good and as
>accurate as the accuracy distribution of its recipes and score
>assignments, but for English language mail its accurate out of a few
>sigmas.

OK. Then explain something to me. How does SpamAssassin differentiate
between a solicited bulk message and an unsolicited bulk message?

Sean Brunnock
http://server.com

From: J C Lawrence <claw@kanga.nu>
Next: Re: ISPs Wrongly Block 1 in 8 Messages for Spam
Indexed By Thread Previous: Re: ISPs Wrongly Block 1 in 8 Messages for Spam
Next: Re: ISPs Wrongly Block 1 in 8 Messages for Spam
From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui@plaidworks.com>