Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(November 2002)

Subject: Re: Purging schedules
From: Beartooth <karhunhammas @ Lserv . com>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 22:50:24 -0500 (EST)
To: "Roger B.A. Klorese" <rogerk @ queernet . org>
Cc: List Managers <List-Managers @ greatcircle . com>

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002, Roger B.A. Klorese wrote:

> We host a few where the goal is comunity, even "jabber," not
> technical or focused discussion.  The owners of some of these
> lists even impose a minimum daily or weekly posting requirement;
> others don't go so far, but want to make it clear to everyone
> that if they intend to stick around and overhear what others are
> saying it requires a deliberate "allow me to stay in the room
> even if I'm not talking" process.

	Oh. Of course. Been there, done that -- in physical rooms,
long ago & far away. Should've realized it'd be being done online,
too. <slaps forehead, bumbles off stage rear, muttering into
beard....>

--
Beartooth the Stubborn <karhunhammas (at) lserv.com>
Double Retiree, Linuxer's Apprentice, Curmudgeon On Line