Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(November 2003)

Subject: How to associate a list with a group
From: Lee <lee_19712003 @ yahoo . com>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 07:21:19 +0000 (GMT)
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Hello,

I'm also sending this to the majordomo-users list, but
just wondering if anyone here can help -

I'm the 'owner' of a majordomo list and have made
efforts to provide a better digest version of it, due
to all the html and code which comes through ... yes,
I've tried to get subscribers to send just plain text
We've just put the html stripper patch on, which may
sort things sufficiently, but this still puzzles and
interests me: -

What I've done is set up a Yahoo group into which I
manually forward all the individual list mails. I get
these from a standard majordomo subscription. I then
subscribe interested members to the Yahoo group with
their individual setting set to 'daily digest'.

Fine, but you can imagine I'd like to automate this
process - but how? I've tried all manner of ways
including automatic fowarding from one of my mail
accounts, or subscribing the Yahoo group email posting
address to the original majordomo list, but the
messages simply don't come through.

I've been very careful to address issues of access
privileges and can only conclude that the Yahoo group
is somehow 'unwilling' to accept the messages.
Why?! I set 'mungedomain = yes' in the original list
config because the group address is a 'xx@xx.co.uk'
type, but that hasn't helped either - is it because
the mungedomain feature only works with '.com'
suffixes?

I've a feeling i need to cheat the 'to' address in
some way so the majordomo messages still go to 'the
list' (subscribers' apparent addresses) as well as a
direct mail-to address.

Any help or experience here would be great!

Thanks a lot,
Lee

Indexed By Date Previous: aol backlog?