Subject: Re: Fix for 'no text in body' ?
From: Vince Sabio <vince @ vjs . org>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 23:21:16 -0700
To: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

** Sometime around 20:05 +0000 03/08/2004, Lee said:
>Vince Sabio <> wrote:
><< I'm not convinced of this. Have you been able to send any messages
>through the Mailgust (what a name) server successfully -- i.e., with
>the body intact? Comparing the headers of THOSE two messages --
>i.e., both through Mailgust, one intact and one with the body
>stripped --
>would potentially be more useful. >>
>Yes, it's only about 4 people out of 20 whose messages exhibit the
>problem. Even 1 person would still be too high a precentage!

Agreed. However, as interesting a problem as this is, it's also
outside of the charter of this list, which is primarily for
discussion of meta-issues surrounding list management. Thus, we
should take the rest of this discussion off-list. (Posting this here
in case anyone is inclined to either (1) object or (2) join in the
off-list discussion, as unlikely as either of those may be. <g>)

What I will note on this list (since it's mostly on topic) is that
your List-Id: headers are not RFC2919 compliant. If that's a
'feature' of the Mailgust server, then it's implemented incorrectly
and needs to be fixed.

Remainder of discussion continued off-list....

Vince Sabio

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Fix for 'no text in body' ?