Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(February 2005)

Subject: any recent reviews/roundups of list management sw
From: Michael Coxe <mcoxe @ opsware . com>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 17:08:14 -0800
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Hi all,

We've been running Listproc for a number of years now and it's
time to migrate to something maintained & updated.

Our use is typical for a mid-size company: about 300 lists, many
low-volume alias replacements, maybe 100 with serious volume, a
need for a range of subscription, posting & access controls
depending on need, web access for list-owner management,
archiving, web access to archives - both viewing & searching,
mail2news/news2mail, RSS would be nice. We also dynamically build
subscriber lists from LDAP datao but that's easily scripted.

Privately I've run a Majordomo 2 server but would prefer to look
at other products.

What's hot? Mailman of course. What about Sympa? Any others worth
serious consideration. Any strong opinions?

No interest in Listserv and Lyris seems targeted at marketeers.
I guess Exchange could be considered a list manager...
But why buy with several excellent opon source options.

  - michael coxe
    sunnyvale, ca

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous:
Next: Re: any recent reviews/roundups of list management sw
Next: Re: any recent reviews/roundups of list management sw
From: mfidelman@ntcorp.com