Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(November 2005)

Subject: Re: Posting style filters?
From: "David W. Tamkin" <dattier @ panix . com>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 22:53:28 -0600
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Lee,

> By the way, does anyone use a MLM which 'threads' in a digest? ie
> sequencing by virtue of subject title. This would make following a
> thread easier but of course still excessively cluttered.

<nostalgia>

I used to be one ... not use one, be one.  It was 1990-1991, and I'd cut
digest issues manually when enough posts had accumulated or enough time
had passed.  And that literally involved cutting manually: I'd print out
the digest queue, chop up the printout into individual messages with
scissors, arrange them (in nice weather, sometimes outdoors on a picnic
table) by threads, mark their position numbers with a pen, return to the
computer, resequence the queued messages in my chosen procession, and
feed the resulting mbox to my digestification script.

</nostalgia>