Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(September 1992)

Subject: Re: minor enhancement
From: Brent Chapman <brent @ GreatCircle . COM>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 92 08:21:14 -0700
To: tjt @ cirrus . com (Tim Tessin)
Cc: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

# I needed a list's members to be private, so I added the code
# to restrict the "who" command if there is a file called 'list.private'
# in the list directory.
# Seems like Brent had something in mind for 'private' as it is
# treated similar to "closed".

Actually, that's backwards compatibility.  Instead of "open" and
"closed" lists, they used to be called "public" and "private" lists.
When I changed to the "open" and "closed" terminology, I left
backwards-compatibility code in place to still recognize the old names.

-Brent

Indexed By Date Previous: minor enhancement