Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(December 1992)

Subject: wrapper execution
From: Micah Anderson <micah @ u . washington . edu>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 92 17:09:24 -0800
To: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

	I am attempting to install majordomo on a mmdf system (I have
never seen mmdf before, and it is weird... anyhoo) and I was wondering
really how wrapper worked. Considering one of the aliases is to call
wrapper on majordomo, I tried doing that myself:
mc% wrapper majordomo
mc% wrapper majordomo
majordomo: No such file or directory
mc% wrapper
USAGE: wrapper program [<arg> ...]
mc% wrapper /u/spool/mmdf/majordomo/bin/majordomo
wrapper: error: insecure usage

(that first line is a duplicate, shouldnt be there)

is that normal? Would it not do that if called by the mailer? or...?

Thanks
Micah

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Insecure dependency in piped open problem