Subject: Re: Using majordomo to handle bounces
From: Gene Rackow <rackow @ mcs . anl . gov>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1993 09:38:53 -0600
To: "David C. Kovar" <kovar @ cambridge . apple . com>
Cc: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM, rackow @ mcs . anl . gov

I'd love to see such a tool.  A problem that I've seen in
doing that is that many times the bounce messages are only a
once or twice happening then go away.  ie user experimenting
with new mail handler at same time as a list message is sent.
Depending on your list and how many addresses are in the list
that are also exploders, there is also a problem of what
really IS the failing address?  Also what to do about those
stupid UUCP status replies that come in.

Along the same lines, has anyone done a "-request" addressed
message to majordomo formatted request?  It shouldn't be that
hard, but if someone has already one it...  In this way people
that are used to the list-request address don't have to learn
a new system.

--Gene