Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(May 1993)

Subject: Moderation of mail to lists?
From: guyton @ ruf . rice . edu (William S. Guyton)
Date: Thu, 13 May 1993 21:22:02 GMT
Apparently-to: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com
Newsgroups: rice.mlist.majordomo

>From what I've gathered, a private list is a list where subscriptions
and signoffs are approved before becoming valid.  What I'm wondering is
are there any moderation features to the mail being mailed to these
mailing lists?

In other words, to mail something to the mailing list, do you simply
mail to the alias that the list is under, or is there some way
to mail to majordomo, specifying which list, and then wait until
your mail is moderated before it is sent out to the recipients.

We're interested in a moderated mailing list program, and I was
hoping that majordomo would fit our needs.

Thanks,
Bill Guyton
UNIX Student Programmer
Rice University

Indexed By Date Previous: Majordomo ?insecurity