Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(September 1993)

Subject: Re: sendmail flags
From: Alan Millar <amillar @ bolis . sf-bay . org>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1993 00:13:05 -0800 (PDT)
To: micah @ u . washington . edu (Micah Anderson)
Cc: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

And verily didst Micah Anderson spake of these matters:

> What I ended up doing was changing the -f\$sender \ to: -f\$whoami_owner \ so that
> way all bounced messages will arrive at a huminoid (me.)

Yes, that's exactly what you want: bounces to come to a human.  That's
pretty much the only reason for specifying an envelope address with -f.
Nobody cares who the sender is when it works, but when it doesn't
you need to see so you can know if a bad address should be removed
from the list, etc.

- Alan

Alan Millar            amillar@bolis.SF-Bay.org              __oo  \
System Administrator                                           =___/