Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(October 1993)

From: Brent Chapman <brent @ GreatCircle . COM>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 1993 14:25:43 -0700
To: "Stephen Bannasch" <stephen_bannasch @ terc . edu>
Cc: Majordomo-Users @ GreatCircle . COM, andrew_boyd @ terc . edu, blake_meike @ terc . edu

"Stephen Bannasch" <stephen_bannasch@terc.edu> writes:

#           Subject:   multiple unsubscribes
# I am the owner of a list and wanted to remove a bunch a bad addresses
# so I tried the following commands:
#
# approve PASSWORD unsubscribe MYLIST USER1
# approve PASSWORD unsubscribe MYLIST USER2
# approve PASSWORD unsubscribe MYLIST USER3
#
# Majordomo responded by only unsubcribing the first person on the
# list.
# The second and third were reported as not being members of MYLIST.
# When
# the unsubscribe requests for users 2 and 3 were placed in their own
# messages the unsubscribe operations were successful.
#
# Is this a bug?  Is there a fix?

It should work.  I suspect some sort of locking/caching problem.  Are
your list files on the local disk of the machine Majordomo is running
on, or are they accessed via NFS?

-Brent
--
Brent Chapman                                   Great Circle Associates
Brent@GreatCircle.COM                           1057 West Dana Street