Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(October 1993)

Subject: Re: Has there been any consideration to putting the "lists" in directories?
From: "Vincent D. Skahan" <vds7789 @ aw101 . iasl . ca . boeing . com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1993 13:45:04 -0700 (PDT)
To: rouilj @ terminus . cs . umb . edu (John P. Rouillard)
Cc: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

(John P. Rouillard writes:)
> The answer is we are working on it. We are not sure exactly when the
> config file will be here. I was up till 3AM this morning trying to get
> all of my changes straightened out and working right before I leave
> for LISA, so I can do a decent dog and pony show.

cool...when and where is the show at LISA ?

>   How often to people change the listname.x files? Once a day, once a
>   week, once a month ... I am interested in changes to the following groups:

I could see the .info file changing rather frequently on a new list as you
get the info you want to provide fine-tuned.

> Also to the person who (sorry I lost the email, mailer driving error
> at 2:30 ish) suggested that old config files should be automatically
> checked into rcs before being supplanted, nice idea, but that would
> need a mechanism to pull a particular revision of the file out to be
> useful, so I don't think so. but I think all of the hooks would be
> there to make an addon module do it.

Don't forget that we all do not have RCS...many of us are stuck with SCCS.
Also, please make it an optional feature.

--
 ----------- Vince Skahan ------ vds7789@aw101.iasl.ca.boeing.com -----------
  Speaking soon at "Future Unemployed of Philadelphia"