Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(December 1993)

Subject: How do you Approve BOUNCEd messages?
From: Yan K. Lau <lau @ grace . wharton . upenn . edu>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1993 11:45:15 -0500 (EST)
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

I'm installing and testing Majordomo, neat software esp. for Perl fans.
Before making it available to our users, I wanted to test some of the
features.

This is probably a "been there; done it" but I can't seem to figure out
how to "approve" messages for messages that arrive to the list owner
because the sender is not on the list.  The message comes to the sender
with a subject indicating that it was BOUNCE because the sender is not
on the list.  I've tried putting the "Approve: passwd" line and sending
it the message to the list but it just bounces to the owner with the
approve line in tact and the subject being non-member sub. of the owner.

I gather the same mechanism is used for moderated lists so I wanted to
test it just in case there is a need for those lists at our site.

I've been reading through the archives and am unsure if these items
were mentioned:  Has someone created a way to collect all the mail
and send them out in digest form (I guess the task is difficult to
implement on a per user basis)?   What is used to split the archive
files at greatcircle.com?  By size or date would be nice.

Yan.
--
          "I think we're both gonna make it *big*. I am very optimistic."
   )~  Yan K. Lau          lau@grace.wharton.upenn.edu          130.91.161.2

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: About the `lists' command