Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(January 1994)

Subject: Re: Slowness of Majordomo
From: Dan Simoes <dans @ ans . net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 1994 10:59:33 -0500 (EST)
To: bill @ biome . bio . dfo . ca (Bill Silvert)
Cc: Majordomo-Users @ greatcircle . com

I don't know about SGI, but on my Linux box it was taking almost
an hour to process commands with only 4Mb on a 386DX25.  Adding
another 8Mb cut times substantially, but I'm not relying on it
anymore, so I haven't run any real tests.

perl is a memory hog, no doubt about it.

| Dan |
--
Dan Simoes			          dans@ans.net
Associate Programmer		         (914) 789-5378