Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(May 1994)

Subject: lost bounced messages
From: Jack Churchill <Jack . Churchill @ dem . csiro . au>
Date: Mon, 16 May 1994 13:57:03 +1000 (EST)
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

I've followed the suggestion is the installation notes and put the archive
and digest programs in the outgoing lists.  Everything is working fine
except bounced messages caused by bad e-mail addresses are lost.  That is,

testlist: :include:/usr/local/majordom/lists/testlist

works ok with bounced messages going to root

testlist: "|/usr/local/majordom/bin/wrapper resend
        -l testlist -h full.domain.name testlist-outgoing"
testlist-digest:   testlist
testlist-outgoing: :include:/usr/local/majordom/lists/testlist,
  "| /usr/local/majordom/bin/wrapper digest -r -C -l testlist-digest
testlist-digest-outgoing",
  "| /usr/local/majordom/bin/wrapper archive2.pl -a -m
-f /usr/local/majordom/archive/testlist/testlist"
testlist-digest-outgoing: :include:/usr/local/majordom/lists/testlist-digest

works ok but with no bounced messages for bad e-mail addresses.

I'm using Ultrix and the latest IDA-sendmail.  Please help.

--
  Jack N. Churchill                         | Jack.Churchill@dem.csiro.au
  CSIRO  Division of Exploration and Mining |

Indexed By Date Previous: unknown user error