Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(May 1994)

Subject: Re: digest & FROM/ERRORS-TO fields
From: "John P. Rouillard" <rouilj @ terminus . cs . umb . edu>
Date: Tue, 17 May 1994 15:11:43 -0400
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

In message <m0q3O60-000IeUC@danel.cee.hw.ac.uk>, Steve Salvini writes:

> Hi - I've just upgraded to 1.90 and it looks great to me.  Just one
> minor problem, I can't get the Errors-to: & From: header fields to
> include the domain part of my mail address when using 'digest' - it
> works fine for 'resend'.
>
> I want to have uk-hockey-digest-owner@cee.hw.ac.uk but I only get
> uk-hockey-digest-owner.
>
> I have
>
> resend_host       = cee.hw.ac.uk
> and
> sender            = uk-hockey-digest-owner
>
> in uk-hockey-digest.config.  From teh commenst in the config file
> I thought that ought to do it - for now I've just hard-wired the FROM
> & ERRORS-TO variables in 'digest' :-(
>
> Help!

Ack a BUG BUG BUG BUG BUG!!!

I goofed. There are two workarounds.

	1) set sender to be:

		uk-hockey-digest-owner@cee.hw.ac.uk

	2) Change the code that reads:

		$V{'ERRORS-TO'} = $config_opts{$opt_l,"sender"};
                $V{'FROM'} = $config_opts{$opt_l, "sender"};

	   to read something like:

		$V{'ERRORS-TO'} = $config_opts{$opt_l,"sender"} . "@" .
					$config_opts{$opt_l,"resend_host"};
                $V{'FROM'} = $config_opts{$opt_l, "sender"}. "@" .
					$config_opts{$opt_l,"resend_host"};

I have just fixed this in my 1.91 development tree.

				-- John
John Rouillard

Special Projects Volunteer	University of Massachusetts at Boston
rouilj@cs.umb.edu (preferred)	Boston, MA, (617) 287-6480