Subject: Re: Suspension?
From: "John P. Rouillard" <rouilj @ cs . umb . edu>
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 1994 14:11:41 -0400
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

In message <9407011615.AA11522@dokoka>, Alan Stebbens writes:
>> I think NOMAIL is a totally redundant feature on a list with open
>> subscription and unsubscription, but I'm about ready to add it in anyway
>> just to lower the incoming mail volume.
>
>If you do, "NOMAIL" should be a synonym for "unsubscribe all"

How about having nomail produces a reply message like:

 # when you want to resubscribe, reply to this message, and send the
 # following lines:

	subscribe bblisa-announce
	subscribe bblisa-digest

this way the state stays with the user. If the sent an email in the
first place with a subject line of:

	nomail

or something, then they would easily be able to scan the mail
box. It's not perfect but the resources needed to handle the listserv
type NOMAIL and POSTPONE commands just doesn't make any sense in the
world of uncoordinated majordomi.

				-- John
John Rouillard

Senior Systems Consultant (SERL Project) University of Massachusetts at Boston
rouilj@cs.umb.edu (preferred)            Boston, MA, (617) 287-6480