Subject: Re: majordomo vs. other mail-list programs
From: bill @ biome . bio . ns . ca (Bill Silvert)
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 1994 15:10:09 -0300 (ADT)
To: rogerk @ unpc . queernet . org (Roger B.A. Klorese)
Cc: Majordomo-Users @ GreatCircle . COM (Majordomo Users)

>Anyone who implements a change and opens it TO THE PUBLIC without at least
>2-3 days' dry-running should be shot.

1. Setting up a list is the biggest change.  How do you start a list
without "opening it TO THE PUBLIC"?

2. In my posting I referred to a list that was very active and caused
problems because of the lock file problem.  How does anyone, especially
a novice, test for that before the list is "open TO THE PUBLIC" in such
a way as to catch a problem caused by heavy activity?

3. There is no information in the documentation about "dry-running", and
running a list with just one subscriber is not much of a test.

Bill Silvert at the Bedford Institute of Oceanography
P. O. Box 1006, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CANADA B2Y 4A2
InterNet Address:
(the address is only for mailing lists)

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: My Listproc-Majordomo comparison