Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(November 1994)

Subject: Re: My own messages?
From: Chris Koenigsberg <ckk @ ornette . uchicago . edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 1994 16:59:14 -0600
To: "David J. Rodman" <djr @ ilhawaii . net>
Cc: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

> Is there a way to stop Majordomo from sending my own messages back to me,
> when I send a message to a list that I'm subscribed to?

It's a feature; it reminds you not to post so often :-)

Actually I presume you're asking whether Majordomo has the feature of
LISTSERV/ListProc where this is a subscriber-settable parameter; the
answer is no.

Personally I can't imagine why this would be a good idea in the first
place. It really DOES remind you to post less, if you've been posting
too much lately, to see your own messages piling up in your mailbox.

Chris Koenigsberg