Subject: alternate config files on the command line
From: Ron Emaus <remaus @ great-lakes . net>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 1995 22:32:20 -0500 (EST)
To: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

majordomo 1.93 (still trying to upgrade from 1.92)
SunOS4.1.4 (or 3?)

Some weeks ago I noted 1.93 will not use an alternate config file thus:
/somepath/wrapper majordomo -C /somepath/my-majordomo.cf

I was told by John to comment out the "require majordomo.cf" line in
config_parse.pl (Thanks John). This fixed the majordomo program.

Today I decided to try and figure out how archive and digest work. Oh
woe. Anyway, how do you get archive2.pl and digest to accept an alternate
config file?

I tried this without success:

/somepath/wrapper digest -r -C /somepath/my-majordomo.cf -l \
    my-list-digest my-list-digest-outgoing

/somepath/wrapper  archive2.pl -C /somepath/my-majordomo.cf -m -a -f \
    /somepath/my-list-digest.archive

It looks like the code to parse a config file is still in these programs
in version 1.93. Is this supposed to work? Or am I testing the alternate
config file design to the limit?

         GLIN Information Systems Support
Ron Emaus                      remaus@cic.net
CICNet, Inc                    313.998.6419 Voice
2901 Hubbard                   313.998.6105 FAX
Ann Arbor, MI 48105

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: digest without primary list?