Subject: Re: Using Majordomo for a One-Way List
From: Ira Krakow <ikrakow @ krakow . com>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 1995 08:48:54 -0500 (EST)
To: Linda Henneman <frugal @ best . com>
Cc: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

Linda,

> I'm wondering if it's possible to set up majordomo to serve as a one-way
> mailing list in order to get an announcement, etc. out to a large number
> of subscribers but make it so they can't have things posted to the list.
> I also want to have another list set up where they can respond to it in
> the more traditional way (long story why I want both).

  Make the first list moderated.  In a moderated list, all postings
are sent to you for approval.  Just don't approve anything except your
own postings.

  Make the second list unmoderated, so that anyone can post anything.

  You might be able to get away with one unmoderated list where
you change the configuration temporarily to moderated, block submissions
except your own, and then change the configuration back to unmoderated.
It's not clear from your question whether you want to set up one mailing
list or two.

   Hope this helps.

Ira Krakow
ikrakow@shore.net

From: plate@dicomed.com (Doug Plate Sr.)
Next: I am having a proble
From: ahokas@csfb.co.jp (Jim Ahokas)
Indexed By Thread Previous: Using Majordomo for a One-Way List
From: Linda Henneman <frugal@best.com>
Next: Re: Using Majordomo for a One-Way List
From: "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@kryten.atinc.com>