Subject: Re: digest header & footers
From: Mike Northam <mbn @ SSD . intel . com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 95 15:08:53 PST
To: ks @ acn . purdue . edu
Cc: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

>>>>> In article <>, (Kirk D. Smith) writes:

Kirk> I am having difficulty setting up digest headers and footers.  It
Kirk> does not like to accept multiline values.  I am sure there must be
Kirk> some easy trick to it.  I am using majordomo-1.93 and perl 5.0.  I
Kirk> have tried modifying both the file and the
Kirk> individual xxx-digest.config file.  In both cases, it only seems to
Kirk> recognize the string up to the first \n.  If I was a perl expert, I
Kirk> could probably track this down, but I'm a bit lost here.

Here's what I do in the config for one of my lists:

message_fronter << END
To stop receiving annoying mail from 'list' send mail to  with 'unsubscribe listname <your email address>'
in the body of the message.

Hope this helps.

Mike Northam, Shorter Software Solutions -
on contract to Intel Corp., Interactive Media Servers,
Scalable Systems Division
MS CO6-13  -  (503) 531-5569

Indexed By Date Previous: resend and 'spaced' lines