Subject: Help for Linux?
From: bmoore @ squawfish . fsr . com (Bill Moore)
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 1995 07:24:17 +0800
To: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . com
Cc: bmoore @ squawfish . fsr . com

Hi,

I've only worked on majordomo for a couple of days but am having
trouble getting it to work in a timely fashion.  If I pipe a raw mail
message into wrapper (cat foo | /usr/local/majordomo/wrapper
majordomo) then it works very quickly.  However when I send mail it
takes a very long time (on the order of 30-45 real CPU seconds).  It
completely ties up the machine.  Eventually it does return the right
thing, but the performance is unacceptable.  All permissions *seem* to
be OK.  I'm probably missing something simple and appologize for not
finding it in the FAQ, README, man pages, or paper which I've mostly
read.  Anyone running majordomo like this?  Thanks in advance.

Bill Moore (bmoore@fsr.com)

Details:
========
Platform:	gateway 486/33 w/ FutureDomain scsi adaptor
Linux kernel:	1.1.89
Perl version:	4.0, revision 4.0.1.8
MTA:		Smail3.1.28.1 #28.1
Majordomo ver.:	1.93

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Thwarting Eudora's Reply-To-All option