Subject: Resend Problem
From: John Banghart <john @ a . success . net>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 1995 16:49:14 -0500 (EST)
To: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . com

Ok.  My fault.  I should have thought to check where/if sendmail exists.
Having used Suns almost exclusively, I just assumed that BSDI kept it in
the same place.  My apologies to group for my oversight.  Thanks to the
people who replied anyway.  Even you QueerNet boy.

Anyway, changing where resend looks for sendmail got me past that.  Now,
when the message is sent it continually spawns processes owned by the
owner of the list.  These processes keep executing the 'wrapper resend'
command over and over again.

I tried killing the processes but they die and are reborn too quickly.  I
am assuming that there is a permission problem somewhere which is
preventing the mail from being delivered.  If it helps, I have the
moderated bit set in the config file but am not using approve.

If anyone has encountered this problem before, I would appreciate knowing
how you resolved it.  If it is a OS system, then I will figure it out myself.

Thanks.

----
John Banghart
System Administrator
SuperNet Interactive Services, Inc.
john@success.net

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Resend Problems(still)