Subject: Re: List name on Subject line?
From: Marko Toivanen <mtoivane @ cc . joensuu . fi>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 10:20:17 +0200 (EET)
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com, Marko Toivanen <mtoivane @ cc . joensuu . fi>

On Sat, 11 Mar 1995, John P. Rouillard wrote:

> In message <Pine.SGI.3.91.950310170042.22635B-100000@lilgcmd.gsfc.nasa.gov>,
> Tom Northcutt writes:
> >Is there a way to incorporate a prefix to the subject line using
> >Majordomo and sendmail for separate lists?
> >
> >i.e.  Subject: LIST1: original subject
>
> What's wrong with subject_prefix in the config file?

It's great, but it would be even better if it made a distinction between
the tag to look for in the subject line, and the tag to put to the
beginning of the subject line in case the tag it looked for isn't already
there. Thus it would look for "NAME" in the subject line but put "NAME: "
in the beginning if "NAME" is not already there. The current version is
problematic when you'd like to put a "NAME: " in the subject line but not
repeat it if "NAME" or "NAME, " is already there. Am I dreaming or is
this an easy to implement future possibility?

Regards,

Marko
Marko Toivanen * * * * * *         * * * *  co-moderator in FEYERABEND of
mtoivane@cc.joensuu.fi  * * * * * *  majordomo@lists.village.virginia.edu
http://www.joensuu.fi/~mtoivane/ * finger mtoivane@cc.joensuu.fi for info

Indexed By Date Previous: resend vs no resend