Subject: archive2.pl (perms)
From: zeek <zeek @ sunshine . io . com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 1995 12:52:17 -0600 (CST)
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

I never received a response on this so I'm resending...

Subject: Re: archive file permissions
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 00:15:23 -0600 (CST)

> >I am having majordomo place the archive files in:
> >   /users/ftp/pub/mail-archive/hawaii
> >"hawaii" is the name of a test mailing list I am running.
> >The archive is saving it with these permissions:
> >  -rw-rw----   1 majordom majordom    8748 Mar  8 12:15 hawaii.9503
> >This makes the file impossible to get with anonymous FTP.

The file should close with chmod 664, or 644, yet the closest I could
come in solving this problem is localted in the below  section of
archive2.pl, just under the while loop.  If I had the time, I would get
out my dusty camel book and address this problem, but I'm not sure at
this point where to put the chmod().  This should be dealt with in some
fashion, as the majordomo.cf states the archive dir should be within a
root anchored directory.

            if (defined($opt_u)) {
                if (defined($is_open)) {
                    print FILE "\n";
                    &lclose(FILE);
                }
                &open_archive_unix(FILE, $_);
            }
            print FILE "$_";
        } else {
            print FILE ">$_";
        }
    } else {
        print FILE $_;
    }
}

print FILE "\n";

Kind regards,

-zeek

     S u n s h i n e  N e t w o r k i n g  S e r v i c e s  1 9 9 5
hTTp://Sunshine.io.com  voice (512) 479 0081  email Sunshine@Sunshine.io.com

Indexed By Date Previous: valid_addr check in new-list and request-answer missing