Subject: New Twist on posting?
From: bill @ biome . bio . dfo . ca (Bill Silvert)
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 1995 17:38:01 -0400 (AST)
To: majordom @ spock . nlu . edu (Majordomo ListServer)
Cc: Majordomo-Users @ GreatCircle . COM (Majordomo Users)

I thought this was kind of cute -- I was going to reply to this message,
but it is posted from a Majordomo ListServer so presumably all I would
get back is an error message!

Yeah, I have to agree that sending the two lines

unsubscribe list
subscribe list

is pretty burdensome.  Maybe we could introduce the commands

im_going_on_vacation list
im_back_from_vacation list

instead.  Of course there is the danger that someone might accidently
resubscribe as

im_back_from_vacation list and_had_a_good_time

which would of course be bounced to the owner for approval!

>Date: Thu, 23 Mar 1995 14:02:39 -0600
>From: (Majordomo ListServer)
>Subject: Vacation ability

>Hi all,

>Does or will majordomo have the functionality of a 'vacation' command from
>its current subscribers.  I haven't seen it yet and was just wondering.
>If subscribers where to be out for a while but did not want to go thru
>the process of unsubscribing and subscribing again when they where out
>for some time.

>Chance Eppinette

Bill Silvert, Habitat Ecology Div., Bedford Inst. Oceanography
P. O. Box 1006, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CANADA B2Y 4A2
Personal InterNet Address:
HED runs a WWW server at URL=

Indexed By Date Previous: Majordomo-L?