Subject: Line wrap problems
From: bill @ biome . bio . dfo . ca (Bill Silvert)
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 1995 08:31:06 -0400 (AST)
To: Majordomo-Users @ GreatCircle . COM (Majordomo Users)

>Beware of some PC/Mac packages that insist on wrapping lines.  Novell
>GroupWise is one of these.  It seems that there is no way to turn off
>the line wrapping "feature" and long approve lines are problematic.
>
>I wouldn't expect Eudora to be this "user-friendly." :-)

I think that many of the PC-based Email system have this problem.  Just
escape the linefeed.  I have a list owner on Banyan Vines who does that.

For example:

approve password subscribe user@site (John \
Doe)

Bill Silvert
--
Bill Silvert, Habitat Ecology Div., Bedford Inst. Oceanography
P. O. Box 1006, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CANADA B2Y 4A2

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: #! Not Working On Install