Subject: Re: Sending digests out at predetermined times
From: "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb @ kryten . atinc . com>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 1995 09:38:18 -0400 (EDT)
To: chinh%SMTPGATE @ mapgate . mapeaston . com
Cc: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

On Tue, 4 Apr 1995 chinh%SMTPGATE@mapgate.mapeaston.com wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> How do I force the sending of the digest of my list out every day (or two
> day)? Right now, everything works, but the digest seem to take more than
> a few days to get sent out. I think the "send" trigger is when the digest
> queue has a certain number of messages, or it's been a week (which would
> be too long for my list), or something.
>
> I would like to force the creation and sending of digests by using a cron
> command. I remember reading about a script someone has written that does
> this. Anybody know I can get it?

	use cron and the -m option to digest.

9       22      *       *       *       /usr/local/majordomo/wrapper digest -m -C -l test-digest test-digest-outgoing

	sends the test digest out everyday at 22:09.  if the digest is
empty, the list owner get a message saying:

MAJORDOMO ABORT

No messages.
Stopped

Jonathan M. Bresler  jmb@kryten.atinc.com	| Analysis & Technology, Inc.
						| 2341 Jeff Davis Hwy
play go.					| Arlington, VA 22202
ride bike. hack FreeBSD.--ah the good life	| 703-418-2800 x346