Subject: Re: Sending digests out at predetermined times
From: dmacfarlane @ zip . sbi . com (David Macfarlane)
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 95 09:59:30 EDT
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

> How do I force the sending of the digest of my list out every day (or two
> day)? Right now, everything works, but the digest seem to take more than
> a few days to get sent out. I think the "send" trigger is when the digest
> queue has a certain number of messages, or it's been a week (which would
> be too long for my list), or something.

I use the mkdigest command in majordomo-1.93.  I have an entry in
crontab which looks like this:

50 23 * * 1-5 echo "mkdigest sample-digest passwd" | mail majordomo@hostname

This sends the appropriate message to majordomo at 11:50 every night,
Monday to Friday.

If there is something to digest, it gets sent out.  If there isn't,
then the list owner gets a simple error message (nothing to digest).

David R.D. Macfarlane    |voice: 212-| "Perform random kindess
dmac@sbi.com             | 783-5279  |  and senseless acts of
                         |           |  beauty." - Anne Herbert

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Sending digests out at predetermined times