Subject: Re: Restricting number of posts ?
From: Paul-Joseph de Werk <paul%av2 . vrx . vhi . com @ vhipub . vhi . com>
Date: 04 Apr 1995 15:29:51 -0700
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com, gellym @ aviion . persoft . com, majordomo-users-owner @ GreatCircle . COM

An ether being in cyberspace calling itself - brewing chemist Mitch - uttered:

| Subject: Restricting number of posts ?
| Date: Tue, 4 Apr 1995 16:21:47 -0500 (CDT)
|
| I have not seen any mention of this in any of the docs or FAQ (if I missed
| it, you may flame me)
|
| On one of the lists I maintain, I have one user who just cannot seem to
| post enough messages to suit himself. Is there any way (other than telling
| him to cut back on the excessive number of posts or dropping him) to enforce
| the number of times a person can post to a list in a given amount of time ?
| Say, 1 post per day.

What do you consider excessive?  I do, however, agree that a post
limiter is needed.  In my case I'd set it to 4 per day.

Anyone have a posting limiter in effect already?

[ Paul-Joseph de Werk, B.S. \ RX Net, Inc.                                 ]
[ Systems Analyst II         \ MIS Dept.                                   ]
[                             \ vrx: paul@av2.vrx.vhi.com                  ]
[                              \ inet: paul%av2.vrx.vhi.com@vhipub.vhi.com ]