Subject: Re: Hostile address error message
From: Paul-Joseph de Werk <paul%av2 . vrx . vhi . com @ vhipub . vhi . com>
Date: 11 Apr 1995 14:10:13 -0700
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com, kitterma @ groucho . cc . fsu . edu

An ether being in cyberspace calling itself - Tom Kitterman - uttered:

| Date: Fri, 7 Apr 1995 08:56:14 -0400
| Subject: Hostile address error message
|
| Hi,
| I'm somewhat new to majordomo and we've just taken over a major list
| from an off-site listserv.  This morning I got this abort message
| from majordomo when a user tried to subscribe to the list.  Any
| one know why majordomo considers this a HOSTILE address?
| 	/G=STEVE/S=WRIGHT@mhs-pfg1.attmail.com
|
| Is there some conversion to a more normal email address?

Is this an X.400 or HP address?  If so, you might try turning on the
analyze_slash_in_addr in your majordomo.cf.

[ Paul-Joseph de Werk, B.S. \ RX Net, Inc.                                 ]
[ Systems Analyst II         \ MIS Dept.                                   ]
[                             \ vrx: paul@av2.vrx.vhi.com                  ]
[                              \ inet: paul%av2.vrx.vhi.com@vhipub.vhi.com ]