Subject: Re: Addresses with #'s
From: "John P. Rouillard" <rouilj @ cs . umb . edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 1995 19:37:20 -0400
To: "Frank R. Jones" <frjones @ lms1 . uswc . uswest . com>
Cc: Marko Toivanen <mtoivane @ cc . joensuu . fi>, majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

In message <9504112202.AA12636@lws16.salttn>,
"Frank R. Jones" writes:
>Marko writes:
>> It appears that addresses at are of the format
>> 	First Middle Last <>
>> and naturally enough when some tries to subscribe to a Majordomo lists
>> from that site that won't be very succesful. Can addresses with #'s be
>> subscribed to Majordomo lists at all

Change the line in majordomo that reads:

    s/#.*//g;                           # strip comments

   s/^\s#.*//g;				# strip comments

An equivelent options is to change the line to read:

   s/^#.*//g;				# strip comments

and move it after the strip leading whitespace expression on the
following line. Then don't use embedded comments in your commands 8-(.

This will be in the next release of majordomo. Fie on the people who
put # in the local part of the address. Fie I say.

				-- John
John Rouillard

Senior Systems Administrator		  IDD Information Services			  Waltham, MA (617) 890-7227 x337
						      (617) 487-3937 (Direct)
Senior Systems Consultant (SERL Project)  University of Massachusetts at Boston (preferred)	          Boston, MA, (617) 287-6480

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Addresses with #'s