Subject: SCO/MMDF majordomo core dumps
From: "Max Heffler" <max @ texsys . texmicro . com>
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 1995 21:32:27 -0500 (CDT)
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

I am using majordomo 1.93 on SCO Unix 3.2.4v2 using MMDF and Gunther's
xsendmail, plus perl 5.001.

I have successfully gotten the 'help' command to majordomo and a list to
work; however, sending either the 'lists' command or trying to
subscrive to a list causes majordomo to dump core.  I have tried to run
majordomo via the perl debugger and can get up to my line 124 where the
sendmail subroutine is called.

main::(bin/majordomo:124):      &sendmail(REPLY, $reply_to, "Majordomo results$sub_addin");

I can display variables up to this point just fine, but the minute I
step into the majordomo.pl code, I can no longer display variables
without core getting dumped.  I get all the way to my line 288 in
majordomo.pl before core is dumped (when I do not try to display
variables):

main::sendmail(/usr/local/majordomo/majordomo.pl:288):
288:        eval "\$mailer = \"$mail_prog\"";

I don't know if perl is causing my problems or not.  perl's tests ran
just fine.  Has anyone seen this behavior?  TIA.
--
Max Heffler, Senior Software Design Engineer         home: max@texsys.com
Home page: http://www.texmicro.com/~max - (an exercise in egomania)

Indexed By Date Previous: SCO/MMDF core dump found