Subject: Re: A disscussion on Majordomo list about Pmail.
From: "Kimberly Long" <siberia @ usis . com>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 1995 10:47:54 +0000
To: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM, David . Harris @ pmail . gen . nz

richard welty <welty@homer.balltown.cma.com> wrote:

> *Confirmation of reading is clearly an automated reply, rather than a
> *notification of a problem in transport or delivery, so accordingly I
> *believe I am following the rules quite correctly.
>
> true, but why are you sending confirmation of reading?
>
> believe me, most of us really don't care.

Allright!  That's it!!!  I am sick and tired of hearing people bash
David about the RCPT option in Pegasus.  Do you realize that David
has developed one of the finest if not *the* finest mail programs for
the net?  Do you also realize that he provides this program and
ongoing development for FREE?

If the mail program you are using to run your list cannot deal with
the RCPT messages, then maybe you should consider using another
program.

Bottom line time.  This problem with RCPT messages stems from two root
causes:

1.  ignorant users of Pegasus (not David's problem)
2.  inadequate mail list software (also not David's problem)

Now, leave David alone so he can finish up WinPM 2.0.  :->
inad

Namaste'

Kimberly Long
siberia@usis.com

To know of someone here and there whom we accord with, who
is living on with us, even in silence -- this makes our earthly
ball a peopled garden.             ~~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
)O(

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: A disscussion on Majordomo list about Pmail.