Subject: Aliases file config for majordomo
From: sweeney @ ipas . afip . mil (Nina Sweeney)
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 95 15:51:43 EST
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

Hello out there--

I am trying to install majordomo under Sun OS 4.1.3, for what it's worth.

Anyway, in the installation section of the chapter on majordomo from the book
"Managing Internet Information Services" by Jerry Peek, the addition of the
following line in the MTA aliases file is indicated:

majordomo: "|/usr/local/majordomo/bin/wrapper majordomo:"

All of our majordomo files, including the wrapper, are in /usr/local/majordomo-1.92.
There is no bin subdirectory under this.  How should I change the above line
to reflect the locations of our files?  I know that the absolute pathname of the
majordomo program is somehow encoded into the wrapper binary, but that information
doesn't seem to clarify what I need to do here.

Many thanks to all who have time to respond.

Nina Sweeney
Armed Forces Institute of Pathology
sweeney@afip.mil

(202) 782-1587

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: best way to deliver large lists?